Creating text content for a website and blog is not a difficult task, but making it high-quality, unique, and interesting for the reader requires experience, skills, and constant planning.
Publishing texts on the Internet is a great opportunity to interact with your audience, give them a useful experience and get feedback in the form of reviews or increase product conversion. It is important to motivate users to read each paragraph, but without countless trials, errors and analyses, you can not do it.
We have collected useful practical information for you to write correct, unique, and effective texts for a blog or website. Let’s get started.
Even if you type very fast and can produce 100 words in just a couple of minutes, it is impossible to do without a clear publication plan. Planning most often takes a lot of time, and if you spend 2 hours on one blog/website article, then it can take several days from the birth of an idea to publication.
Everything depends on the context. If you’re running a creative blog where inspiration is important, it’s going to be hard to come up with a plan. If the site requires technical or selling texts, it is quite possible to draw up a content plan for a week/month/year. In the first case, it is better to spend several hours thinking and thinking through several topics at once, it will be easier to build on and implement ideas from this. In the second, it is enough to study your target audience, their pain, prescribe a solution, and conclude everything in a general table, where, based on the data, it remains to prescribe topics.
Planning is the basis that saves time and adjusts to the working pace. If you struggle to find inspiration for a long time or ignore the content plan, your audience will wait a long time to communicate with you.
Unified Publication Plan
Whether you are writing for a blog or a website, you should consider the style of your posts and plan their structure. It will be easier for you to work according to a single stylistic template, and for the public to read the author’s favorite syllable.
Rough plan for commerce and personal blog:
- The introduction is a brief preview of the future text. May include lyrics, but not water. A person must understand what awaits him next.
- The body of the text is the main idea that you want to convey to the reader. It should include specific data and research from credible sources. The structure must be made readable: divide the text into paragraphs, introduce second/third level headings and lists. Information should be short and to the point. If you don’t know how to do this, don’t be afraid to use services like Essay Tigers.
- Proofreading and editing – after completion, you need to read the text several times, correct errors and evaluate the quality. More than 50% of bloggers claim that this approach brings the best results. For beginners, it is better to offer to read what is written to a friend, for an objective assessment of an independent party.
- Optimization – for bloggers and commercial texts for the site, you can do SEO optimization with the introduction of keywords.
- Conclusion – at the end, add a couple of phrases that complete the main text. It can be a conclusion or a main thesis.
This is one of the possible variations of the text plan, create your own and save time.
It is easy to broadcast unique texts on a personal blog because the main idea and the content itself are compiled from the head of an expert. But it can be difficult for a site to create a unique article, especially on a technical or common topic. To do this, it is worth doing your own research of different sources, collecting as much useful information from them, and creating what your audience needs.
It is best to take information from trusted sources. For example, Wikipedia should not be trusted, you need to dig deeper and look where others do not want to. This is not a waste of time, but an opportunity to give the best to your audience, who will definitely appreciate your approach.
When you make a content plan, it will be easier to understand what people need, which means that the circle of information search will narrow significantly.
A composite of multiple articles on the same topic, relayed by you, will result in unique and useful text content.
How many people – so many opinions, so for some, the ideal headline is a specific announcement of the publication, and for someone – an abstract and clickbait-style. Here, too, you need to proceed from the context:
- For a blog on social networks, more clickbait headlines are suitable that will grab users and they will want to read them urgently.
- For a blog on the site, you can not do without taking into account the parameters of the search engine and competition. In order for your blog to be noticed, you need to use a key in the title that can be played with an abstract syllable.
- For content on the site, nowhere without specifics. It is important here that out of 1000 similar articles, the client chooses you. You need to give maximum specifics and add keywords so that the site is on the first page of search results.
To understand which heading is most suitable, leave it for the last time. Once you’ve written the body of the article, it will be easier to figure out what to call it.
Clear headlines with specific data like “How our team made $47,895 in 3 months reselling children’s toys” get good feedback from users. This headline will appeal to marketers, business owners, and startups. Therefore, before compiling it, try to feel your audience, and provide them with what they are looking for.
An article for both a website and a blog should be readable. This requires structure and visual content:
● paragraphs should contain 3-4 sentences;
● at least every 1000 characters a new heading must be started;
● if the article is more than 1500 characters, it is necessary to insert a list or add new headings frequently;
● text font should be easy to read;
● Break up text with related images and infographics with interesting facts.
Users most often skim through an article before reading it. It is important that it is convenient for them to look through all the headings and find a useful piece of text for themselves. If it is of high quality, the reader will definitely read it in its entirety.
It is also important to include images, infographics, and videos in the structure. Their popularity is growing and in the next few years, not a single text can do without them. They perfectly unload long posts and allow you to visually stimulate the user to read.
To write effective, unique, and correct text for a blog or website, it is important to: gain experience, resort to content planning, stick to the plan and structure of the text, and create a captivating headline. All these skills come with time, so it is important to ask an objective side in the form of a loved one, friend, or acquaintance to evaluate the text before publication. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, and constantly analyze how users liked the article. Try to motivate them with feedback in the comments or by mail to do their job better with every text they write.